If the government is serious about protecting women, this is ground zero. Not CCTV cameras, or armed guards at Surrey Hills station morning, noon, and night. As Hugh de Kretser notes in the report, the strategy says many of the right things. And more government dough isn’t going to change millennia of behaviour overnight. But we are one of the richest nations on Earth. There are things that the government can fund which will make a difference. Why we do not is beyond me.
- RT @beneltham: This is a good example of real journalism: The CEO Pikeout: How The Rich & Powerful Do Charity theundergroundobserver.com/2017/06/23/the… via @… 6 hours ago
- @zackster @OaaSvc @stilgherrian They wouldn't. Hence why law enforcement bodies would like encryption brought to h… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- @zackster @OaaSvc @stilgherrian Even if sigint agencies can read Signal, law enforcement agencies won't be able to use results in court. 12 hours ago
- @AndyDW_ Big Data hasn't revealed anything useful about buggy software yet - a much simpler problem than buggy humans. 14 hours ago
- Take a vow of silence. twitter.com/mrwalsh8/statu… 15 hours ago