If the government is serious about protecting women, this is ground zero. Not CCTV cameras, or armed guards at Surrey Hills station morning, noon, and night. As Hugh de Kretser notes in the report, the strategy says many of the right things. And more government dough isn’t going to change millennia of behaviour overnight. But we are one of the richest nations on Earth. There are things that the government can fund which will make a difference. Why we do not is beyond me.
- RT @liamvhogan: Middle class university educated white collar workers flapping about why their particular industry doesn’t need unions is p… 2 hours ago
- Interesting and concerning. twitter.com/CartwheelPrint… 1 day ago
- RT @BernardKeane: Time for a plebiscite on euthanasia. And I know Lyle and the ACL backs the idea. twitter.com/LyleShelton/st… 1 day ago
- Interesting thread. twitter.com/snowden/status… 1 day ago
- @TristanEdis Needs a maglev train to go with it. Maybe pipe fresh water back from Indonesia to develop the “food… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago