If the government is serious about protecting women, this is ground zero. Not CCTV cameras, or armed guards at Surrey Hills station morning, noon, and night. As Hugh de Kretser notes in the report, the strategy says many of the right things. And more government dough isn’t going to change millennia of behaviour overnight. But we are one of the richest nations on Earth. There are things that the government can fund which will make a difference. Why we do not is beyond me.
- From the “Lawsuit-worthy levels of stupid” files... twitter.com/zackwhittaker/… 7 hours ago
- RT @jpwarren: The government is Full Steam Ahead on using Medicare numbers as secondary ID, which was not their intended purpose but has be… 17 hours ago
- RT @nickmurftweets: Short fascinating thread. twitter.com/pecunium/statu… 18 hours ago
- @liamvhogan @k_morrissey The Squeaky wheel is still in the codebase but has been commented out by one of the senior… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
- RT @bengrubb: Here, a Google Project Wing drone delivers me a burrito 🌯 https://t.co/OGucwIBvbJ 1 day ago