If the government is serious about protecting women, this is ground zero. Not CCTV cameras, or armed guards at Surrey Hills station morning, noon, and night. As Hugh de Kretser notes in the report, the strategy says many of the right things. And more government dough isn’t going to change millennia of behaviour overnight. But we are one of the richest nations on Earth. There are things that the government can fund which will make a difference. Why we do not is beyond me.
- RT @Wikisteff: "The less useful Icelandic becomes in people's daily life, the closer we as a nation get to the threshold of giving up its u… 1 day ago
- @pushbikewriter Fair point, and institutions need to evolve to prevent decay. But the alternative is impotence. 1 day ago
- Speaking up is all well and good, but institutional capacity to act politically is how most interest groups get thi… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @k_morrissey: Well that's the most troubling paragraph I've read in a while https://t.co/3O8h0z6TrJ 1 day ago
- RT @AndyDW_: [Stops present project. Re-enrols in Finland.] twitter.com/sarirautiainen… 1 day ago