If the government is serious about protecting women, this is ground zero. Not CCTV cameras, or armed guards at Surrey Hills station morning, noon, and night. As Hugh de Kretser notes in the report, the strategy says many of the right things. And more government dough isn’t going to change millennia of behaviour overnight. But we are one of the richest nations on Earth. There are things that the government can fund which will make a difference. Why we do not is beyond me.
- @KarenMMiddleton @margokingston1 ehat he doesn't realize is that Y2K was real and averted by comprehensive mitigation effort. 4 hours ago
- @paulkidd @jeremysear by causing "peak period" logjam to run longer. 10 hours ago
- @Rory_Medcalf right after the in depth analysis of whether agile development is a better conracting model for IT procurement. 21 hours ago
- @al_hinds similarly it probably wouldn't hurt for rules to allow incremental improvements in bikes to encourage occ. WR. 1 day ago
- @al_hinds should probably be rules. Good for WRs to be set at major meetings for publicity - and gawd track cycling needs publicity! 1 day ago